Sunday, May 15, 2011

Origin stories

So, Smallville, that plucky story about Superman's origins as a winsome, young farmboy from Kansas has retired from the airwaves after 10 seasons. I was a big fan in the beginning, being from Kansas and being a fan of superheroes, though I'll admit to liking a complicated hero more as I get older. Hello, Jackson Teller.

When I began cardmaking it was solely for the purpose of using up some supplies in the basement. I found some chalks and some sketch paper and started drawing. Then I cut them into smaller pieces and glued them onto cardstock. Voila. You know, except for when the chalk smeared all over, well, everything. Thankfully my sister is an artist, and hooked me up with some Krylon Workable Fixatif. That kept the chalk where it was supposed to be. Here are a few cards from the golden days of 2009. Thanks for coming 'round.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.