Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Grandma

I am very fortunate to have both grandmas on this side of the veil and in relatively good health. My dad's mom is a grand lady, with beautiful manners that perhaps one day, if I practiced very hard, I could mimic. She also knows the difference between lay and lie, which is pretty impressive, I think.

When my brother and I were kids they had this huge divan. I thought it was a couch, but apparently there are many words for the thing you sit on while watching TV. Anyhoo, theirs is 4 cushions wide and great for naps. Hers was about the colors in this card. The ribbon for this card came from these crazy decorative boxes someone donated to our church pantry. We gave away all the food inside, of course, but what were we to do with the ribbon, but add them to our grandma-inspired cards?

I also love that little border punch. I usually just use the punches over at Archiver's, but I was using this one on each visit, and finally gave in and bought myself one. I believe this paper was even called "Grandma's Kitchen". I used all of it up, so I can't check. :)



A year ago today we were blessed to begin parenting our first foster child. She has been a ton of fun and a joy to have in our house. You know, most of the time. If you are interested in foster parenting, my husband and I would be glad to share our experience. Just leave me a comment and I'll get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.