Saturday, June 18, 2011

Play Date Celebrate




This week the colors for the Play Date Cafe Challenge were brights: pink, blue and orange. I had about 5 ideas right away, but settled on this one. These are great summery colors. The card kind of created itself as I was making it. I had an idea in my head, but then cut the pink base paper wrong, so it ended up having a side fold, with a short, wide panel. Then as I was stamping on the flowers (from PaperSource), I kept turning it, until finally I settled on a top folding card. It was neat to kind of just let it make itself, if that makes sense.

And the inspiration photo:
I think I might use this design to make some Fourth of July cards. I don't usually send them, but these flowers in this design with the Celebrate sentiment made me think of the Fourth. Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the universe has a different idea for us than we planned, and the wise person (you) doesn't fight it and lets it lead them. Great job with this card, the CAS design is lovely as well as those gorgeous flowers! Thanks for joining us over at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! The turned flowers are so pretty! You did a fabulous job on CAS!! THANKS so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.