Thursday, August 11, 2011

Just Us Girls


I really like the Just Us Girls website. Each week has a different type of challenge. Two weeks ago it was to make a gift bag, which I was immediately able to use for a birthday party the next day. This week it's a sketch. I have seen a bunch of cards made lately using the Antique Engravings stamp set from Hero Arts and was inspired to pull mine out. It was literally at the bottom of the drawer, not because I don't love it, but because I have been, ahem, purchasing just a few new ones. But there's something about old stamps, isn't there? It feels like a triumph to use them again.

I was also able to use some paper I got at Michaels during one of their crazy sales. The dies are from Spellbinders. Here's the inspiration sketch:



3 comments:

  1. THIS is so sweetly stamped and assembled, Kerry! Truly looks like you had a wonderful time making it! I'm so glad you were inspired and took the time to share your talent with Just Us Girls! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful project Kerry - I'm a chicago burbs gal too. Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Kerry. Love those butterflies.
    You won a giveaway on my blog - can you head over and email me. :) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.