Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Winking Reindeer


I made this card for the Hero Arts 90 Minute Scramble. Over on their Flickr page, they have these scrambles about every other week. I loooove them. This week's challenge was to use your oldest or newest stamp. I had just bought this reindeer stamp, and wanted to get started on some Christmas cards. Voila, multi-tasking. :) The papers are from Echo Park. I used one side for the deer, and the other side for the stripes around. Sneaky tip: I cut a window inside the stripes, behind the kraft paper. There is about a 1/2 inch border. That allows me to use more of the paper on projects, rather than wasting it behind the kraft piece. The stripes were adhered to a white card, all the easier for writing a Christmas message on.

A year ago I wouldn't have imagined starting Christmas cards in August, but I have decided to make whatever designs I want in whatever quantities. Sounds obvious, right? Last year I took orders and ended up making 75 of the same design for my mother-in-law. It was a cute design and I was glad she asked me to do it, but it's not really all that creative past the 13th one. I made about 215 cards last year, for our family and several others. Anyhoo, that's why I'm starting early. I'll be sharing some more Christmas cards these next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.