Friday, September 9, 2011

Cake pops and birthday girls

Triumph! Not only did I make the cake pops successfully, I got a photograph of them this time. Here is a single cake pop. I'm not sure why the camera chose to focus on the car in the background, but it makes it kind of artsy. Or blurry. Whatever.
And here's the whole platter. I made half the cake into cake pops and simply frosted the rest for any guests who might want just cake, or perhaps both. Some few folks had both, which was cool. Because who can resist pastries on a stick?

Nobody in this picture can. Here's we're singing Happy Birthday in case you were wondering why our faces look like that.
I love this tiny little two year old charmer.

Our three year old was ecstatic to be reunited with his friend from Music Class. When I told him that she would be coming to the party his eyes literally lit up. It was so precious. Also precious, they must have run a mile back and forth through our backyard. We also had some water games, hence his swim diaper. Her mother was more responsible (read, not lazy) and brought her suit and super cute hat. I hope we can see them again soon.
Do you have some birthday traditions? Cake pops were ours for the summer, but I don't know what next year will bring. Except for me, the whole family's birthdays are in the summer, so I have some time to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.