Monday, September 26, 2011

Cas-ual Fridays Monochromatic



Last week I made the dangerous and exciting discovery that my local Hobby Lobby was carrying 6x6 pads of the nicer lines of paper. They were also having a 50% off sale. Clutching 4 pads of paper (3 by MME and one BG) I raced to the front counter before I could reconsider buying that much paper in one trip. :)

And boy was I glad I had done so when I saw the challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays. It is to use 3 shades of the same color plus some brown. I sat down at my table with the intention of making a cream/white card, but somehow ended up with this pink one, which I am also happy with. I love that about cardmaking - sometimes where you end up is totally different than your plan. This paper is from My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Madison Avenue collection. Say that 3 times fast. The little tag on the left side has a baby pink swirly pattern, and then Eiffel tower is a medium pink. I used those brassy pink nailhead embellishments to hit my 3 shades of pink. I also border punched just the corners of the right sides. Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely french themed card Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a good creativity i like the way you edit the magazine .
    Plastic card printing
    Plastic Cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.