Friday, September 2, 2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge 97



These are my colors, man. Black and white with a splash of red. I had about a dozen ideas, but pared them down to these two. The first will be sent on to some friends who are getting married in 3 weeks. Their colors are red and black. I hadn't done any dry embossing in a long time, so it was fun to see the image pop up when I ran it through my Epic. I ran both the black and red pieces through the die. It's easier to see the image on the red paper, but I matched it up exactly.

The die is from the Paper Studio. I got it at Hobby Lobby. I handwrote the sentiment since I can't seem to find my congratulations sentiment. Perhaps if I spent more time cleaning? Nah.

This card uses the Abundant Blessings set from PTI. The frame is cut from a Spellbinders die. I used the biggest and second biggest sizes. The border on the right is from Paper Studio. Originally I made this card with a white background, but it just didn't have enough pop, so I trimmed down the white panel, added the border punch and put it on black. I also corner punched opposite sides of the card. I like that effect. You can play along here. Thanks for coming by! Have a nice weekend.


1 comment:

  1. Great cards, Kerry! LOVE those embossed birds and that sweet sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.