Monday, September 5, 2011

Some Pig




One of my favorite books as a kid was Charlotte's Web. My mom would often read it to my brother and me. When I read the challenge at Cas-ual Fridays to create a card with black, white and red colors inspired by a book, it seemed like a natural. I also had this paper out on my craft table because I was using it for Halloween cards for my cousins.

I tried to make a spider's web up in the corner. They are, ahem, harder than they look. I used some of the twine still in my pocket from staking up some of my tomatoes. The paper is from Paper Studio, and the stickers are from Echo Park, one of their paper packs that comes with little stickers. I cut a circle into the heart on the bottom.

Happy International Literacy Day! P.S. I was especially tickled that my last post was from a book too. I didn't use it because it violated the colors rule. Maybe books should be my theme this week...

5 comments:

  1. LOVE your inspired card and creative take on Charlotte's Web, Kerry! I read it with my kids when they grew up and saw the movie--so touching! Your web/twine is so nicely done! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope to see more of your fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Love your homemade web too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I love it so much, what an awesome idea! I also loved that book as a child--it always made me cry..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha - LOVE this concept. What a fun and original card. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So CUTE!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.