Thursday, September 1, 2011

Yes, Virginia CASE

I love Virginia Lu's blog. A few weeks ago she used a sketch from Alexandra's blog. Alexandra had invited people to use her sketch. It took me a while, but I did it. I used some old Basic Grey paper from the Granola collection. I don't know if you can tell, but I stamped the crocheted ribbon with my faded jeans Distress ink. I laid the ribbon down on my table and smooshed the ink pad on it in various depths and places.

I was trying to get it kind of blue, but still have the brown show through. The sentiment is from Hero Arts, as are the flowers and gems. What I especially like about this collection of paper is that it is white on one side, so I can have a pretty outside and easy-to-write-in inside. Thanks for the inspiration, Virginia and Alexandra.

Here's the Sketch:


and Alexandra's pretty card:


3 comments:

  1. Aw.. Kerry, I'm thrilled that you made a card from Alexander's sketch!! LOVE the blue in this and the HA paper flowers are perfect for this design. The hand-torn edges mirrored so beautifully with the paper flower! Thanks SO much for making my day! I would love to follow your blog and I love visiting here!*edited due to typo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Kerry!
    I love your take on the sketch and I'm flattered that used it!
    Many thanks ;-)

    Greetings from Chi-Town~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much for the inspiration and kind words. I just love the online craft world. It's so generous and sweet.

    Virginia, I'd be honored if you followed my blog. :)

    Thanks, ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.