Friday, October 28, 2011

Seven on Friday

7. The girl child and I had the stomach flu this week. There is nothing sadder or possibly grosser than a child who has been throwing up for 24 hours. We had to get medical attention for her, which thankfully worked very well, and she is almost back to her regular self. I despise getting sick (like everyone), but I especially don't appreciate getting sick on my day off. So rude.

6. I have been very busy with the Splitcoast Stampers card drive for MD Anderson cancer center for Breast Cancer Awareness month. They have a different challenge every day, plus a few extra. If you complete all 33, you get entered in a fabulous drawing. Of course, that's not entirely the motivation, but it did encourage me to try to be more creative. Always a good thing for stampers.

5. To make one of the cards, I used a free digi from Paper Smooches. They have about a half dozen images with corresponding sentiments on their blog. So cute.

4. My church is in the middle of our stewardship campaign. We're using a great series that focuses on cultivating simplicity and generosity. I can feel a Clean Sweep of the house coming up. One of my church members was telling me about when her girls were little, they had labels on everything (drawers, etc) to help her daughter, who is deaf, learn her words. When they were trying to decide what to label one of the closets, they asked her what was in there. "Something" was the answer. Thus the "Something Closet" was born.

3. My husband is really the best. I usually know and appreciate that about him, but never so much as when the kids or I am sick. With two of us down for a couple days this week, he really rose to the occasion. I am very lucky.

2. We moved my son into a new school this week. It is a Montessori and he loves it. Which means we love it. Now I just need to get started on his clown fish costume for the school  musical in January. Where did I leave that sewing machine?

1. We were gifted/loaned 2 lions costumes for Halloween, so both kids are going as lions. They are my pride of lions or second hand lions. Hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.