Monday, November 14, 2011

Just Us Girls Challenge Ghosting

I was interested in the technique over at Just Us Girls which is called ghosting. It's basically emboss resist technique, which is then stamped onto. The hardest part was letting the ink dry at each step. I think this card took about 3 times as long as usual, mostly because of the drying time. I had tried emboss resisting before, but especially like the addition of the image on top. It feels pretty weird when it's all done, but is very pretty.

Supplies: Hero Arts stamps, french writing and antique engravings. The paper is Basic Grey.

5 comments:

  1. Kerry, I am with you on the technique! I wasn't patient enough to wait for the Versamark to dry...but when I finally did I was really pleased. Your card is stunning. I love the fall feel of the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layering you've achieved with the ghosting technique! I didn't wait for mine to air dry I just used my heating tool to dry it! Grat color combo!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty! I love the look you created with the technique. The butterflies are very pretty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooh, DARLIN'! THIS was SO worth the wait! {JUST sayin'! LOL!} Great job! SO happy to know that you were inspired! AND weeeeeee are SO delighted to have your outstanding work in the mix with JUST US GIRLS! Yipeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOoooooh this turned out so pretty! Love it! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.