Monday, November 21, 2011

Lock up your daughters


I was at Walgreens recently and spotted a cute little boy's t-shirt which read "Lock up your Daughters". Setting aside the sexist implication that girls need to be locked up to be safe, etc, I thought it would make a funny baby boy card. I used a transparency that I had been hoarding and some embossing powder that is called Blue Glitter. I like having the effect of glitter without having it everywhere in my craft area, the envelope of the card, the body of the person who receives the card and so on. Here the glitter stays in place. The design of the card is from Cas-ual Fridays and you can see the sketch at the end of this post.

It was pretty challenging getting a good photo of this card, since the transparency is reflective. See?
When I was a kid I sucked on my pointer finger, not my thumb. Even today when using fine motor skills, I stick my pointer finger up in the air and use my middle finger like my pointer. Weird, huh?

Eventually I photographed it lying flat from a distance. The card was flat, not me. Ha ha.

Here's a closeup of the onesie:

And, here's the sketch from Cas-ual Fridays:

6 comments:

  1. Super cute card-love the glitter! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. Love the sentiment, perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok this one gave me a grin!! Love the glittered onsie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kerry!! I love your sweet card! Too cute! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Sorry that I don't stop by as often. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this is adorable!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Friday!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.