Monday, January 23, 2012

Paper Smooches and Ribbon Carousel Challenges


I am playing along the the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge and the Ribbon Carousel Challenge. The design of this card came from the RCC, and the gorgeous sentiment, which is embossed in black is a Paper Smooches stamp. I had been coveting the PS stamp for probably six months after seeing it in a Paper Crafts magazine card, and finally succumbed. It stamps like a dream and is so much fun.

The patterned papers here are both Authentique collections. The green damask is from their Christmas collection. It's so nice to stretch it past Christmas season. The other papers are from the same collection which has a number of awesome pink designs. I chose a polka dot base for the panel (which is popdotted up) to mimic the wallpaper in the PS inspiration photo. The damask patterned papers were inspired by the comforter. Or duvet? I don't know what's the proper word. I grew up in Kansas where we call it a comforter, but my Wisconsin in-laws call it a duvet. Perhaps one has stuffing? Whoa, got a little off track there. Sorry.

I used some button twine in the middle. I just bought a huge spool of it, so be ready for 100% of my cards to have twine, unlike previously when only 97% did. :) Have a good Monday!

The Paper Smooches inspiration photo: 

and the Ribbon Carousel Sketch:

 We would love you to include our SPARKS banner (shown on the right column) somewhere on your post.

4 comments:

  1. Great combination of both challenges! And I really love the stamp, I've seen it quite often lately. I might put it on my wishlist...
    Your duvet/comforter confusion made me snicker because I moved to southern Germany where the dialect word for a duvet is "carpet" (well, in German it's Teppich). So I thought my in-laws wanted to make fun of me when they offered to put a "carpet" on my bed :D

    Anyway, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! What a fabulous card! I LOOOOOOOOOVE that textured flower!! And I love your combo of challenges;) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the RCC:) And thanks for joining in the fun at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet card!!!!Thanks for playing along with Ribbon carousel this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh... such a pretty thank you card! Thanks for playing along with the Ribbon Carousel challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.