Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thanks

This morning I was about 20 minutes late to a meeting because I just could not leave my kids. They were so freaking cute today. Also, I've spent the last 9 days with them, and I have to say, they're turning out all right. This morning the boy ran up to me and said:

"Mommy? Want to ride on my oceanic liner? I am very safe in my oceanic liner. It goes down to the bottom of the ocean, and then it zooms VERY FAST!"

Well, of course I wanted to ride on his oceanic liner. So, I asked him where it was. "I don't know. Probably at the beach." He's just so delightful. I'm not gonna lie - it made my heart break a little with joy over how sweet he is. His school is closed today, so he's spending the day with my husband. I hope they have lots of fun. Perhaps they'll build a giant train in Ben's office.

For a while now the girl has taken to putting her dolls on the floor, covering them with a blanket and singing the lullaby that I sing to her to them. Then she whomps them a bit (trying to pat them, but she's very strong). Every time it makes me feel like we must be doing something right.

Ben gave me an iPod touch for Christmas. I adore it. I have been exercising several times a week, and now I have even more motivation. This morning I rode the bike to P!nk, the Rolling Stones and REM. Awesome. I also got the MyFitnessPal app, which is great.

And continuing with this sappy post, my friend Kristen put this video on her Facebook: http://reflectionsofmotherhood.com/   Go check it out. I'll wait.

All in all, I'm pretty impressed with how 2012 is shaping up. I hope you are too. Blessings, Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.