Friday, February 17, 2012

Colour Q

I was a little stumped when I saw the ColourQ colors for this week, until I remembered my brand new Eco Friendly set from Paper Smooches. They have a cutie cloud stamp which I built the card around. I weirdly didn't have any vanilla or off white or anything near white in my stash, so I stamped white paper with fine linen distress ink to make it sort of vanilla-y and then stamped the clouds. The twine is My Mind's Eye, and the dress stamp is from American Crafts Dear Lizzy set. The dress paper is October Afternoon. I really enjoy it when I can use a bunch of different sources to make a card. Too often I fall back on using one set of stamps and one brand of patterned paper for convenience, but this is really fun. Thanks for coming by!

6 comments:

  1. This is just soooo cute! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, Kerry! Love the story behind all of the elements! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, Kerry, it reminds me of summer and hanging the clothes out on the line for fresh air. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your line of dresses blowing in the breeze :0)
    I was hovering over that same paper pad for this challenge, it was a tough set of colours for me too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card feels like a perfect Summer day in San Diego! I can almost feel the cool ocean breeze and the warm Summer sun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.