Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Playdate Owl



My family is back in town after a few days in Kansas to celebrate the life of my grandfather, who passed a week ago. My husband and I officiated most of the funeral. I preached the sermon, and was grateful for the opportunity to talk about my grandpa, who was a man of great faith. 

I snuck out of work for about 45 minutes today* to make a couple cards for the Play Date Cafe. This card uses the great new Newsprint Owl from Hero Arts, and a sentiment from their Everyday Sayings set. I added the orange gem eyes from Recollections. Here's the inspiration photo:


*I didn't really sneak out of work, I just went home for a bit. Saying I snuck out makes it seem more exciting. Ha ha.

1 comment:

  1. Kerry, I'm sorry to hear of your grandpa's passing. How lovely that you were able to be part of the service for his funeral. :)

    Your owl card is so cute! I've never seen that image before.

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.