Friday, March 30, 2012

Dude Soap

This week's colors at the Play Date Cafe were black and white with a splash of brown. They seemed to be begging for a dude project. I've been eagerly waiting for my lye to arrive so I can make soap from scratch, but in the meantime I've been using up the goat milk soap base I'd been storing in my basement. I am experimenting with crazy recipes because, well, why not, right? I saw a great recipe on Pinterest for tea soap, and thought I'd try my hand at coffee soap.

For the sake of truth in marketing, I haven't actually used the soap. I wanted to get photos of it first :) It was really simple: dump some coffee grounds (not used) into soap base, put in mold, wait to see, put on blog. The last step is optional, of course.

Alright, enough foreshadowing. With no further ado: Dude Soap:




A side view:
Tak Stuff is the name of my home goods company. It's in the fetus stage, but I'm preparing for a Craft Fair in May, so I wanted to include the info on the tag in case it's fit for sale. Tak means "thank you" in Danish, my husband's family's language. The words "home", "made", and "good" are separated intentionally. It's homemade and made good :)

I've made laundry detergent (which works and smells great, and planning to make bath fizzies/bombs and soap from scratch. And then there's the long range dream of my own chickens.

For the chevron paper and the pinstripes I used the free digital kits from Mel. She generously puts tons of digis on her site. You can find it here. Be careful though, once you go, you won't want to leave. The top tag uses white paper with black font. The chevrons are black and white. The pinstripes are a chocolate brown, though they photo-ed all the same. Hmm. The pinstripes are my splash of brown.

I'll let you know how the soap turns out. Hopefully I won't be covered in small grounds all day :) Thank you so much for coming by. I appreciate you giving me part of your day. Have a lovely weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Kerry, Your dude soap looks amazing (what a great gift idea for guys!) I tried making coffee soap once but mine didn't look nearly as lovely as this! Maybe I'll have to have another go. They say it's fabulous for getting garlic odors off of your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic. REally cool idea for guys! Thanks for hangin' out with us at The Play Date Cafe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool project for this challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kerry,
    Love this soap. And the packaging. And because I think your ideas are innovative and others should discover you too, I've given you a Liebster blog award. Hope you will accept.

    Have a look here:
    http://rieslingmama.blogspot.de/2012/04/du-bist-mein-liebster-blog-award-danke.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.