Thursday, March 15, 2012

Faux embossing


The technique challenge this week over at the Just Us Girls site was faux embossing. There are a couple ways to do it. I die cut my flower image out of the same paper as my background paper. Then I adhered it using glue dots, and ran it through my die cut machine. I used the embossing plate (verses the cutting), and used about 6 sheets of cardstock as shims to get it thick enough. That flattened the flower into the paper so it looks like I used an embossing plate with this design. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. This was a fun technique. I think I'll use it again.


2 comments:

  1. This came out great!!!!! It was a pretty great technique, right??

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked this technique! Your card is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.