Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Play Date Petals

I imagine there is some conventional wisdom about how many blog posts to post in a day. And since I'm not Andrew Sullivan, I imagine the answer would be "much less than you did today, girly". But, I was feeling all competitive and had a surprising amount of free time last night and whipped out a bunch of cards for a couple different challenges that I didn't want to keep to myself.

Last weekend I won the random prize for the Hero Arts Scramble. The prize I won was this great digikit which included 3 different flowers. This flower was flipped horizontally twice to make the outside flowers go the other direction. It's a really easy trick that can yield some fun results. Like, these flowers look like they're holding hands thanks to their swirly leaves.

This baby is for the Play Date Cafe challenge to use mojito, peony and sand. I did a bit of shading with my colored pencils and added some twine for this simple card. I hope you like it. Here's the inspiration photo:


Thank you for coming by. How do you handle deadlines when you make a bunch of cards at once?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning that pretty digi tulip from HA, Kerry! It made a lovely card, especially the way you've flipped one of the flower's direction.

    As far as your question about deadlines goes, I am going through that now. I just made a couple of things last night, and feel like just posting them all in one day! But I know sometimes that is too much for readers, so I schedule Blogger to post at 12:01 am the next day with another card. Of course, then I need to go back and place my entry in the challenges, but so be it.

    Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of this - those tulips really make a big statement. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.