Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Play Date

I was intrigued by the colors from the Play Date Cafe Challenge this week: charcoal, ash and butter. I had some great patterned papers waiting to be used and the very busy LifeCrafts die. I sneaked the grey in on the border which I faux stitched. You can see a little bit of how pretty it is here in the background of my card, which I took on the window of my office while I was totally working. :) 

Here's a close up of the flower. I cut it twice in the October Afternoon patterned paper and twice in yellow, and pop-dotted the layers. I adhered flat one white and one yellow, and popped up in between the two flower sandwiches. Does that sound like gibberish? I didn't want it to be too tall, but I like a little dimension. The striped paper is from Recollections. The whole page is rainbow stripes, but I cut out just the yellow.

Thanks for coming by. 


2 comments:

  1. Love the doodling. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool looking flower... nicely done! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.