Monday, April 30, 2012

Casual CASE

I'm playing along with the CASE challenge and CAS-ual Fridays with this flowery card. The image is a Hero Arts digi that I won in one of the scrambles. I am super lucky in randomly won stuff. One time when I was about 6 my grandparents' church had a raffle. They asked me to pick the names out of the hat. There were about 20 prizes, and 5 of them went to my family. I can remember people's faces as I kept drawing my family's names out. Those nice church people were a little suspicious :)

Anyway, the digi, which I left uncolored because I thought it made a simple but strong impact, is on top of some embossed kraft paper and a hot pink base. The new ribbon is from Ribbon Carousel. I bought it in a couple colors, which I mean, you have to, right? Otherwise the shipping is wasted :) This is for their challenge, too.

P.S. I mimicked the embossing and the colors and the flowers with my card for the CASE challenge. 




5 comments:

  1. LOVE that image and your choice to leave it alone is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This design is super sweet! I really like the uncolored look as the image is so intricate-looking! The ribbons adds such a lovely touch to it! It's so nice to have random win luck! I , for one, rarely win anything random and so I do not buy lottery tickets much at all--LOL. I'm glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this CAS card! Beautiful clean lines! Thanks for playing with us this week at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very sweet! Love the drama of the black and white image, with the sweet ribbon on the bottom!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerry
    Thanks for the shout out. And your tips of other readworthy blogs. Just had to laugh at your comment about "ordering more to justify shipping costs". I often go so far as to spend enough to get free shipping! Pathetic, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.