Friday, April 13, 2012

Lip Balm

I'm hoping to make some cards this afternoon, but for now I have just a quick post about lip balm. It's a quick post because making your own lip balm is so darn easy. The hardest part is obtaining the ingredients. I ordered mine from Brambleberry, because I was also placing an order for soapmaking supplies. Be still my heart, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have made-from-scratch soap curing in my home this time next week. I just need to figure out exactly when to make it, as I don't want the kids home while I'm working with lye. What a nice problem to have :)

Anyway, to make your own lip balm, you need 3 tablespoons of avocado oil, 2 tablespoons of shea butter, and one tablespoon of beeswax. I didn't use any scent/flavor or color, as I'm a newbie. I bought some red mica for coloring in the future which I'll try with the next batch.

Melt the butter and beeswax, add the avocado oil, pour into containers, use on lips. Yep, that's the whole show. I'm using this amazing book Little House in the Suburbs for the recipe. I bought it for the chicken know-how, and have used it for a couple things. Next up, lotion bars, and then SOAP. Lotion bars are just hard bars of lotion. You warm it up a little with your hand, and rub it on. How cool is that? I love knowing what's going on my body and in my body. And it's neat to see it come together, knowing I made it. Here's a picture:

Hopefully cards later. Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.