Saturday, April 21, 2012

Make it step up


The Make It Monday challenge over at Papertrey was to "step it up". Betsy Veldman did a fantastic video showing 3 cards with the same basic design with different levels of fanciness/difficulty. I made a simple card set using the stamps from Simple Stationary and a zipper die. This is the first card, where everything is one layer:
I followed Betsy's advice to attach your sentiment to part of your stamping so that it doesn't look like it's floating, but is incorporated in the design. Great idea. I love to watch card making videos for the little tiny tips that pros know that they've forgotten are revolutionary to us newbies. :)

And here's my version using the zipper die cut. PTI has been sold out of the coordinating stamp set for a while, so I just handwrote "open" on the pull tab section. Underneath I stamped "thank you". I also added some gems for a bit of pop.
I hope you like my whimsical cards. I enjoyed seeing how the cards came out when I layered the stamps. Are you playing along?

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly the kind of card I like - simple stamping in great colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.