Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mama Bird

For today's card I used the sketch from Skipping Stones, as well as the stamp for that pretty bird. I stamped the bird in faded lipstick distress ink, and handwrote the sentiment. The paper is from Crate Paper and is a favorite of mine. This is all from the same sheet, which has strips of different patterns, which I cut into squares and rotated for more interest. The die cut is from Spellbinders. I didn't have one that was wide and long enough, so I cut it too long, and then moved the cut die cut down and ran it through the embosser again, trimming off another half inch or so. It looks a little squat, but ok, I think. Thanks for coming by!



4 comments:

  1. great tip for making the die work for the size you need! Adorable card! Thanks for playing along in this weeks Skipping Stones Design sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card and great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Mother's Day card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! and yay for winning Winner Wednesday over at the SSD blog! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.