Thursday, May 10, 2012

Liebster



A few weeks ago Maria F gave me a Liebster blog award. It was totally unexpected and so sweet of Maria. The details on the Liebster are:

'Liebster' is German for 'dearest'. The award is a 'share-the-love' arrangement, given to inspirational bloggers with less than 200 followers (based on Google followers).
Here's the to-do list of any Liebster award recipient:
1) Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you
2) Reveal your five blogger picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
3) Copy and paste the award on your blog 
4) Hope that those you award forward it to their favorite bloggers

Check out this pretty card from Maria. I also liked her cutie tag here. She makes a lot of her own embellishments. Check them out for great ideas for using up scraps of fabric. 

I know that Lynn Mangan has received a Liebster before, but I wanted to pass it on to her myself. I started following her blog first before all the other card blogs that are now on my list. Her clean and simple style is so inviting and encouraging for new stampers. She makes it look easy, and I need all the easy in my life I can get. I also love her stories of her family

Katherine is a wonderful writer and is celebrating her first book's publication. Check out the series on Any May a Beautiful Change for some gorgeous stories. She is also participating in the 12 on the 12th challenge to take 12 pictures on the 12th of each month. Those are some gorgeous babies she's got. 

Sandhya Jha is a former classmate and matchmaker of mine. That is, she set up my husband and me lo those 10 years ago. Of course, that's not her only claim to fame. She's done and doing about 1,000 things, including fixing the city of Oakland and inspiring a church. She wrote during the season of Lent almost every day on hard issues. Abortion? Racism? Inner peace? Yep. All that and more. 

Daffodil Campbell is a writer and mother living in Hawaii. I found her through the Rage Against the Minivan site, which is a great one. Daffodil is also a foster parent, and I have appreciated reading her posts about their foster son, whom she calls Dude. Dude is going home soon, and she writes beautifully about that. Check out this post especially: "I give them back because these babies are not mine. And this is not about me." My family is a foster family, and it has been really good to hear about another foster family, even if they are so far away. I appreciate what she is doing. I also liked this post about "what the hell kind of mother are you?

And also Chari Moss at Little Miss Littleness. Chari has a sweet style that is very pretty. Like this and this. She recently had a post comparing card stock companies' colors. So helpful for those of us who like to match stuff. She's all over the place designing fun cards.

The blogoverse is full of great stuff for card-makers who like to read about religion and politics and baby-raisin'. I hope you like these suggestions.

I anticipate being back with some cards tomorrow. In the meantime, thanks so much for swinging by. I love to hear from you.

Thanks also to the new folks who are official followers. It's good to see your faces on the sidebar. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Kerry, you are so super kind. Thank you for your very sweet blog post. I really appreciate it. Loved clicking on all the other links too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.