Saturday, May 19, 2012

Live the Life You've Imagined

I enjoy working with a sketch, and I've been trying to stretch myself in the way I think about them. A square on the sketch doesn't have to be a square, that sort if thing. With that mentality I present this card made using a Hero Arts stamped flower (CL596 Pattern Hearts and Flowers), and a Verve sentiment (Words of Wisdom) set.

I didn't originally plan for this to be on kraft, but my almost 4-year old was with me while I was crafting, and had my trimmer, so I had to use a pre-cut base. He made some portraits of our family while I made cards. Here's me:
Don't you like my blue hair? He writes from left to right, bottom to top. We're working on it, but slowly, because it's still so cool that he's writing.

And my husband:

Distinguished nose, wouldn't you say?

Anyway, special thanks to Cheiron who sent me this stamp set after I won the Hero Arts Flikr group scramble last weekend. I love it. And to Verve for the sentiment set after I won Mojo on Monday. It's been an awesome crafty week thanks to the generosity of others. Thank you.

Feeling Sketchy sketch:



4 comments:

  1. Kerry, I love how you have thought outside of the box for our sketch @ Feeling Sketchy. I love your CAS card, great use of the images and sentiment to create the different elements on the card. Very cleaver. It sounds like you have had a few wins lately...congrats.
    Michelle (whirligig)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, I am so with you on sketches. I always use them very literally! I love the touch of pink you added to the flowers. Gorgeous. And your little ones pictures are so, so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great take on our sketch, i love seeing different ways people interpret our sketches and this is one of my favourite. So clean and simple! Love it!
    Jess - Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the kraft base, one of my go-tos! Thanks for joining us this week at feeling sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.