Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Retro Red

I am playing along with Retro Sketches again. I like the style their DT use, and get a lot of inspiration. I'm not a color-er usually, so the blogs with folks who stamp and use patterned paper are more my style. Always great stuff from RS.

I made this simple card using the Hero Arts dogwood stamp and ribbon from the Ribbon Carousel. I actually started with the ribbon and made the card from there. I knew I wanted to stamp the dogwood in black on white. Isn't it a gorgeous stamp? Thank you for coming by!


In non-card news, I have fully jumped into making handmade soap. My family has been using the first batch and no one has burned their faces off :) Yesterday I made some Moroccan Mint soap. All the soap I have/will make is palm oil free. Here's a picture of the soap curing yesterday. My little brother made the mold. Cool, eh?


10 comments:

  1. Sooo happy no one burned their faces off with your homemade soap! YIKES!!! LOL! The mint soap actually sounds soothing!

    I'm glad you decided to play RetroSketches this week Kerry! Your card is so classic and I adore the Black and white dogwood image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Kerry! I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this is gorgeous...congrats on being a winner at Mojo Monday!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...making soap. That is incredibly talented. I love your card...the red and black with the touch of silver is gorgeous.

    PS Have to figure out what is going on with my google reader. I've been following your blog for a while and for some reason it isn't showing up in my list on blogger...strange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card - congrats on the Moxie Fab Shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAy, Kerry! your card is so beautiful! Congrats on the MF shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I just planted some Moroccan mint yesterday! Congrats on your shout out at Moxie Fab. This card is great - that image is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cath was right, what a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.