1. We're about two weeks away from a big vacation. We're going to see both sets of grandparents and either head to California or Washington, DV. And yes, we know those are two pretty distinct choices. We are fortunate in our friends and can make last minute decisions, which is helpful sometimes. I'll have more to say about that in a few weeks.
2. Our son turned four on the 5th of June which was a Tuesday. He told me that it was "Fourday", not Twoday, which I thought was pretty brilliant. I'm totally impartial, of course. We had a whole day to ourselves yesterday and saw Madagascar 3. It was entertaining, if a little bit overstimulating. We both had nice naps afterwards. What? I still nap. Not regularly, but...
3. My class (which is my first class in my masters' program in pastoral counseling) is kind of kicking my butt. It's a summer intensive, which is a crazy way to start. They compress a 14 week class into 6 weeks. Yeehaw. On the plus side, I am doing a research project on foster families and different styles of therapies. It's pretty interesting and hopefully will be useful to us.
4. My friend Katherine competed in her first triathlon on Sunday. I managed to talk her into doing one, though I think it was a pretty easy sell. We did some training together. I'm telling you this in case you're thinking about doing something crazy and need some encouragement. I am all about the crazy. Though if you've been here before, you know that already.
5. Speaking of crazy, look at the soap I made for my husband:
So, what crazy thing should I encourage you in? What have you been wanting to do that you need a little push for? Is it leaving hanging prepositions? hee hee. Have a good weekend!