Wednesday, July 11, 2012

4,612 miles and only 600 to go

We have been fortunate to be on vacation for the last two weeks. Through a coincidence of need and opportunity, we drove out of town two weeks ago for Kansas, Minnesota and California. We have been wanting to take our four year old son to California where my husband went to college for some time, and this was the perfect opportunity. We'll be back in Chicago tomorrow, God willing, and life will soon swing into motion. We've had some big family changes which I will write about when time affords and I can do it. But for now, some pictures of our trip.

On our second long day of travel, we stopped in Salt Lake City. This is the great salt lake, where it is dried out. It is amazing and very bright. Please ignore my travel clothes.

 Then we arrived in California, at the ranch where my husband went to college. It is called Deep Springs College. Here he's holding our boy near the fence with the cows. Our boy absolutely loved it. Look at those great mountains behind him!
 He also loved the welcome center in Utah. Until he fell asleep...

 
When we were in California we went to the Bristlecone Pine Forest. We went to the point where it is at 9,000 elevation. It was amazing. The trees there are 4,000 years old, but are very short because of the high elevation and low moisture of the desert. 
It's been a good trip, but we're looking forward to being home. At least until we move in 3 weeks. Eeek!

What's up with you?

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear about your trip! Get home safely - I hope that your travels has been exactly what you needed at this time. xo. jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerry, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.