Thursday, July 26, 2012

Soap Spheres

One of the crazy crafts I started this spring was making cold process soap. Cold process is the hard way, but definitely the most fun. These soaps were my first step into the world of 3-D soap making. I love it, but I think I'll mostly be sticking with bars. These are supposed to be perfectly spherical (the one in the middle is the best representative of what it should be), but my soap got too traced for it to obey me and get in the mold properly. Oh well, right? They look hilarious, and I enjoy hilarious soap too. I have been thinking a lot about what I'm trying to get out of soapmaking, and I think it's like my philosphy of cardmaking: have fun and stay in the black. I'm working on the staying in the black bit with soaping, as the start up materials are a bit of a bear. Plus, there are lots of cute molds and fragrance oils and weird colorants. I'll get there.

Anyway, it has been a challenging summer, and I appreciate being able to face the day with some awesome smelling soap that I made myself. These are scented with a free sample I got called Buttercream and Snickerdoodles. It's very sweet, and has some vanilla in it which will make the white soap darken over time. I'll post another photo in 4 weeks when it's cured.

I also have a card to share. It features the Hero Arts Starburst Lace stamp and some rock and roll inking in two shades of pink. The sentiment is from Verve.


1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I tried making soap once - the process was so fun, the end result - not so usable - LOL! Have you tried selling it? I love your card, too - your rock & roll technique is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.