Thursday, August 2, 2012

And on our new street...

I have perhaps mentioned a thousand times now that our family is moving. Perhaps I have seemed to believe that we are the first people to move in the history of time, or that our move is somehow harder than all other moves. It's just that we've had a lot of moves lately. This was just the one that included leaving our house and relocating in another one.

This is the one we're most excited about, at least for now. Theres (my apostrophe will not work now- great) a few more on the way.  Our son is now wandering around the new house, trying out different places for his toys. I had to stay back for a meeting tonight, and will head up soon with my 6 year old wedding dress, tons of soap that is still curing, great-grandmas china, two cats, and the fish. Feel free to start laughing at me now.

We haven't figured out the best part of our new home. Ben has been commuting up to the church since October, so we have a sense of our little village-to-be. I am guessing, though, the best part will be our neighbor. Who is a cow. Named Luigi. I guess he's probably technically a steer. I got a pretty good look at him last weekend when he jumped the fence and wandered into the churchs yard, which is adjacent to our house. This is going to be a grand adventure.

I think I'll have some cards up tomorrow. It will depend on whether we can find some internet access.

Oh, and big thanks to the new folks who are following the blog. It means so much to me!

1 comment:

  1. This post seems like it should be some kind of prose poem!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.