Sunday, December 16, 2012

Catching up

We've been blessedly busy, and I wanted to share a bit of what's been up with us. With photographic evidence :) :

Two of my very smart friends wrote a book. It is called Hopes and Fears by Bromleigh McCleneghan and Lee Hull Moses. I hope to write a proper review soon, but the short version is: The book is excellent and you need a couple copies. You can find it from Alban or Amazon.

 Oh, look, it's one of the authors with me and some of my non-pictured friends at a birthday meal.


My boy was Joseph in the church pageant. He did a great job in his non-speaking role.

My boy and I made some amazing Christmas soap for gifts. Sometimes my mom reads my blog, so I can't say more yet.

I also made some "Alpine Snowdrift" soap. It seized on me, so I had to stuff it in the mold. It turned out ok, and is curing for now. It will be ready in January.

This pretty soap has fresh pear fragrance. It seems to have turned out a little crumbly, so we'll have to see if it is alright after it has cured.

3 1/2 of us at Thanksgiving. My son is into hilarious faces now. Maybe when he's 17 he'll smile normal again? :)

And the two of us (or 2 1/2) at an event at the preschool. Thanks to friends for the loaner clothes.

Thanks for coming by! Come visit soon :)

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.