Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Thanks and Happy

I made two pretty similar cards using some great washi tape I got while shopping for only things I need at Target. I promise. I was not casing the scrapbooking section while pretending to look for toilet paper. Definitely not. Probably not.

Anyway, the first is for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge to make a thank you card. Here it is:
The washi tape is Smash, the sentiment is Paper Smooches, and the stars are Lawn Fawn from the Admit One set. A tip: I can never get stuff lined up right. For the tape, I scored a line at 1" from the bottom, and then lined the tape up on the top of it. Easy, peasy.

The second is for the Simon Says Stamp challenge to use black, white and a splash of color and the Lawnscaping challenge to make a birthday card.


I was able to make a bunch of cards today (I have two more days off before school starts again), so I hope I'll be by here quite a bit more this week. Thanks for coming by.


10 comments:

  1. Pretty lovely creations.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the mix of colors/patterns. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of your cards! Great tip on getting things straight! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun cards! Love both of them!! Great CAS designs!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these cards! CAS and fabulous!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the chuckle... I loved your opening on this post. The cards are great and the tip about lining up is a very useful one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such happy and fun creations! Thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. simply beautiful...love the patterned papers stripes that bring out the colors.. Thank you for playing along with us at Lawnscaping

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tip, it looks amazing! Love the CAS design :) Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love to hear from you.